Friday, August 20, 2010

Final Reflection

I enjoyed having this project this summer. It allowed me to have some deadlines and to work on stuff for someone else. Being a "student" and having to do "assignments" posted by someone else is always a good experience for a teacher. It reminds me of how I feel when I get behind, don't understand, DO understand, and/or have a great experience with an assignment.

One thing I found with this summer 13 things is that I'm already pretty digitally savvy. Of all the 13 things, only 1 or 2 were new. I'd never used ScribD, and I've heard of, but not signed up for online libraries/booklists (now I have a Goodreads account . . . )

Other than that, I already had a blog (actually several), have assigned wikis, adore Delicious, used Google Docs, tweeted, used You Tube vids in class, used screen capture and tag clouds, etc. etc. This program just got me going back to them and thinking about how to do them better. I'm also glad that Bruce downloaded Jing onto this laptop :-)

So thanks for the opportunity to use this stuff and be reassured that, contrary to my sons' views, I am a pretty hip person, electronically.

Thanks, Lisa, for coming up with the idea and for administering the program!

(p.s. I'm going to make a Wordle of my blog when I get to Coe--my laptop here at home is wary of the Java plug-in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment