Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Jinging

Luckily, Bruce downloaded Jing onto our laptop, so I didn't have to do that part :-)

I used it to make a little screencast explaining a webpage I created a while ago. It's a webpage that links crochet and advanced geometry, using these lovely items, which I made.
I've been thinking about hyperbolic crochet (that's what it's called) because a chain of events has occurred that might lead to me doing a workshop on it down at my sister's school in Atlanta! I don't know much about math, but she's a math teacher. I'm going to teach the kids (the ones at the junior high) how to crochet these items.

We're going to make lots of items and create a "crochet coral reef" with them--because of course this kind of "advanced geometry" occurs in nature all the time. You can see one coral reef here:
Ellen will explain the math, and a biology teacher will talk about coral reefs. I'm going to handle the yarn and hooks!

So here's the link to the jing-ed video where I explain a bit of the math . . . Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment