Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Using Screen Capture in teaching

I have used screen capture when giving feedback on student work in the past. Here's a sample of me giving feedback on a brochure created in my Professional Writing class.

Screen Capture Feedback on Brochure

I found that giving them a recording of me talking my way through these documents worked VERY well for this class--they met in the evening, and some students had a hard time getting to my office hours during the day.

This worked especially well for this short document. They could listen, look at the cursor pointing out parts of the draft, and make changes.

I've also done just audio recordings of me giving feedback. Here's a link to an example--it has to download and then be played back.


They seem to pay more attention to what I say in a recording than they would when I write comments. I think that's interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment