Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 3: Picnik

Lisa introduced me to this online tool when I was working with my journalism students on a website. It is invaluable! We didn't do cute things with it like stickers or sepia tone, but we used it to change the size of photos--especially important when loading on a web page. I think we also used it to put captions/cutlines right with the photo, which made creating the web page much easier.

I love Picnik. I haven't used it at home, but it's a great classroom tool for journalism.

Oh, I like the funny "loading" quips! They make me laugh, which is good. Need to lighten the tension when working on projects.


Here's what I did with a "fun" photo. Yeah, it's true that trumpet players have a bit of an ego. How many trumpet players does it take to change a light bulb? 10. 1 to change the bulb, and 9 to say how much better THEY could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment