Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 4: Grooveshark

My boys have told me about this. Robbie will say "everyone pick a song so we can make a playlist" and we have an odd Nesmith family playlist with folk or odd rock (Bruce), 70s music (Jane), Green Day (Robbie) and Lady Gaga (Eli).

I don't like to select music, most of the time. I'd rather listen to the radio--in stereo, not MP3 files, which sound thin to me--and get pleasantly surprised. Yet Grooveshark does this, too. When I went there, I just clicked on "Classical" and they started playing a lovely Chopin Mazurka! How did they know I liked Chopin piano music? Vivaldi's up next .

But every once in a while, I NEED to hear a particular piece of music that I don't have. This site might help me there.

For example, Robbie has been working on creating a vo-corder from bits and pieces of junk around the house--found out how to do it on the internet somewhere. He tries to explain the vo-corder to people by explaining the physics behind it. They look puzzled. Then I say "You know, like Peter Frampton." And they understand :-)

So Robbie used Grooveshark to find Peter Frampton music. He was not impressed. But we were glad he got to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment