Sunday, July 25, 2010

Good Reads

I've heard of Library Thing--in fact, my brother-in-law, a librarian, uses it--but I decided to try Good Reads.

I'm not sure I like it. It's a bit tricky to navigate and it doesn't seem completely intuitive to find my bookshelves. But it's OK.

Despite being an English major, for me, reading is really a pretty solitary activity. I don't belong to book groups, and I just have a few friends and relatives I talk with about books. I have done some sharing of booklists on my blog, nesmithfamilyblog.blogspot.com. This is quicker.

But, of course, it's ONE MORE social network to go to. Which is why I'm ready to consolidate everything with Google Reader or something similar!
Despite this handy site, I'll probably continue to keep track of books I want to read by writing titles on a tiny slip of paper I keep in my wallet . . .
and keep track of what I have read in my reader's journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment