Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Delicious!

I LOVE Delicious! I use it all the time--have tons of pages with links to good articles for teaching, crochet, etc. etc. The tags are useful.

OK, plus I love the name: "let me check my delicious" hee hee!

I learned about it at a journalism teaching conference and it makes so much sense. I used to bookmark on my computer but I never do that now--it only works for THAT computer, and I'm often using different machines.

I recently joined another social network for yarn-arts called Ravelry. It has a bookmarking tool, so I won't need to bookmark crochet patterns on delicious again.

I don't do too much with the social networking aspect of delicious . . . .yet. I've shared my delicious name with my students in the past, but they don't use delicious or any social bookmarking tools (again, I'm way ahead of the "digital natives"), so I don't think they took advantage of it.

As for getting others' bookmarks: I get enough of my own bookmarks without having to look thru others' bookmarks. That's my "limit the impact of Web 2.0" mantra, I guess.

my delicious is jcnesmith! add me to your network!

No comments:

Post a Comment